Maersk Customs Services in France
Our Maersk Customs Services can help you with the complexities of border controls and customs regulations. For import and export cargos. At both - origin and destination.
Local contact options
Import customs clearanceStandard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Final import customs clearance
- Simplified customs procedures
- First time importers of exporters
- Vat exemption under autoliquidation process
- BTI demands are not included in our core service, it comes with an extra fee, so better to mention as part of additional services
- CHB ops are not responsible to arrange delivery in FR
Export customs clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to load the vessel & be exported outside of the EU.
- Certificates of origin / EUR.1 / ATR
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
- Standard export clearance
Transit documentsA transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance.
Additional Maersk Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk & control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Maersk Customs Services activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness & guidance on FTA’s & preferential origins
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size & requirement – please refer enquiries to Maersk.
What is required to complete Maersk Customs Services?
Signed Power of Attorney (POA)
POA is not enough to get a new client account created
Mandatory documents required
- Signed POA
- Commercial invoice(s)
- Packing list(s)
- Classification Number / HS code
- European EORI number
From 01/01/2022, VAT autoliquidation has been generalized in France so there is no need for VAT refund anylonger.
However, as a pre-resquisite for an import customs, each and every Importing company MUST have a French VAT identification
Additional documents (where applicable)
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
- Health Certificates
- Preference Certificates
* Originals to be submitted to Maersk Logistics and Services where necessary