We would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of COVID-19 and any impact to Maersk’s operations in Pakistan.
Maersk leadership teams, as well as management in all other areas where cases of COVID-19 have been identified, are closely monitoring the situation as part of our strong commitment to ensure the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations.
Please bookmark this advisory page where you will always find the latest update for Pakistan!
27 March 2020:
COVID-19 cases are rampantly increasing in Pakistan. The Federal Government continues to closely monitor the situation and is taking necessary precautionary measures to curtail further spread, while multiple provinces have opted to go into a state of lockdown. Organizations integral to sustaining supply chain, healthcare and food have been deemed essential and can operate during lockdown.
Maersk Pakistan is committed to ensuring the safety of our employees whilst working towards mitigating any possible impact to our customers’ operations. We continue to work at full capacity with most employees working from home and only critical skeletal staff at the frontlines to maintain business continuity.
Considering the ongoing situation, please find updates covering most areas
- Karachi – Bahria Complex 1 – Mon to Friday – 09:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Lahore – Mall of Lahore – Tuesday & Thursday only - 09:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Port Qasim – No longer available
Payment email confirmation
- Please ensure to bring payment confirmation from our finance payment desk firstname.lastname@example.org before coming to counter for Bill of Lading or Delivery order issuance.
- Finance desk takes at least 5 working hours for confirmation.
- Also, ensure to please submit scan copies of bank documents required for BL issuance at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate of Exchange - Effective 27th March
- Confirming the ROE below for Week 13, effective March 27, 2020
- PKR 166.00 = USD 1
- PKR 181.0728 = EUR 1
- Due to volatility of USD/PKR rate of exchange, the above is subject to change without prior notice.
- Should you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to call 111-Maersk or email our Accounts receivable team Syed.email@example.com; Junaid.firstname.lastname@example.org; Syed.email@example.com; Pkcollections@maersk.com
Port Operations & Vessel Services
- All ports remain operational
- Vessels are calling Pakistan ports as per schedule
Equipment and Yards
- All yards, Karachi/Port Qasim and upcountry, remain operational with skeleton staff
- Depleting stocks at upcountry locations with impact on means to replenish equipment
- All repair locations currently have sufficient repair materials for performing necessary repairs
- Overall repairs remains impacted due to shortage of labour
- Reefer technicians are present to cater live reefer repairs at terminal in case of any machinery malfunction
- Terminal yard density is increasing; we request all consignees to release their import shipments as soon as possible
- Limited short and long haul containerized intermodal movement as most industries halt production
- Sparse non-containerized movement
- Truck driver shortage as most have made way to villages
- Delays in clearance owing to limited availability of custom staff and increased customs system downtime
- Cross-border shipments impacted as borders remain closed
CFS and Warehousing
- Skeletal staff is present to liaise and facilitate operations
- CFS is at capacity as multiple clients are delaying or holding cargo movement from origins
- Inbound and outbound operations are impacted due to labor shortage
We are keeping a close eye on the developing situation and will provide updates as information becomes available to us.
Should you have any concern and/or queries, please feel free to contact your Maersk Local Representative, we will be happy to assist you.
Keep your business moving during the COVID-19 situation
We have outlined solutions which might help during this uncertain time. We are developing alternative services across the logistic chain where possible and our customer service teams are able to provide more context.