With all office-based employees working from home and the right digital solutions on offer to customers, Maersk manages to keep supply chains moving through the current volatile times while maintaining social distancing
Karachi, 21 April 2020: In wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Maersk, the integrated container logistics company, is taking all necessary measures to keep its employees safe and its customers’ supply chains moving with minimum disruptions. Maersk has ensured all its office-based employees work remotely with access to adequate IT infrastructure. The company is also urging its customers to make full use of their online platforms in the interest of ensuring safety for all. By leveraging pre-existing high impact digital platforms, Maersk seeks to serve its customers smoothly during these times.
Over the last few years, Maersk has increasingly invested in its digital platforms to find new ways to simplify container transport, cut down on turnaround time, reduce costs and boost transparency for its customers worldwide. Pakistan is currently under lockdown, and the Government has deemed the logistics sector to be an essential service that needs to be kept running. The company’s online platforms, starting with its website Maersk.com, along with products such as Maersk Spot, Twill, and others are available for customers, with which they can easily get online quotes, make instant online bookings, move goods across land and sea by truck or ship with guarantee and get full visibility of their cargo’s journey.
Going a step further, especially in the current times when social distancing is of utmost importance, Maersk has also enabled its customers to pay digitally instead of physically visiting counters for payment. Maersk is one of the first logistics import and export partners in the country to issue Export documents digitally for our Web- BL customers by accepting scan copies on email until lockdown ends, thus ensuring human interaction is minimised or negated.
At Maersk, the safety of our employees and customers comes first. Our offices switched to working from home since before the official lockdown. Shipping and Logistics are declared “essential services” during the lockdown, and we recognize the critical part we play in keeping supply chains moving, particularly where these could be crisis-critical commodities. Our teams continue to stay in touch with customers using digital platforms. While taking necessary precautions to keep our employees and community safe, we have switched to multiple digital and other solutions to ensure supply chains remain functional and intact and our services stay operational at this crucial time.
Digital solutions for Maersk customers
- Maersk.com: Maersk’s official website, is one single platform which helps customers with online quote request, instant booking confirmation, managing and tracking shipments, tariff enquiry and online live chat support 24*7
- Maersk Spot: Digital pricing solution for guaranteed loading which turns out to be an extremely important and deciding factor in current uncertainties. Maersk Spot is available for both ocean as well as inland transportation
- Twill: Easy solutions for smaller and less experienced customers who can be handheld through the complex processes of shipping
- Maersk shipment and MyFinance Mobile Apps: Enable customers to perform all the necessary tasks such as tracking, managing, booking etc on the smartphone remotely while on the move as well as download invoices which they can pay digitally through IBFT, RTGS etc
Ease for customers in COVID -19
- E - Payments: Payment acceptance through multiple online modes including IBFT, ATM, RTGS, Pay Order
- Fast Track counter: Covid related essential shipments upon intimation get Delivery Order on priority. Customers do not have to wait to get the shipments released
- Cross Border support: Liaising with customers and authorities for smooth passage of essential cargo in and out of landlocked Afghanistan
- Aid & Relief Sustenance: Managing logistics and distribution of essential supplies being brought into Pakistan by global Aid & Relief organizations to fight the COVID-19 threat
- Warehouse & Storage solutions: Providing storage solutions to our customers for Bonded/Non bondage storage of containerised as well as non-containerized cargo
- Online Bill of Lading: Large majority of customers are able to print/ release Bills of Lading from their own offices on Maersk provided stationery.
About A.P. Moller - Maersk
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 80,000 people.
For further information, please contact:
提交此表，即表示我同意通过电子邮件接收 A. P. 穆勒-马士基集团及其关联公司接收物流相关新闻和营销信息更新。我了解我可以随时通过点击退订链接，取消接收此类马士基推送信息。如需查看我们会如何处理您的个人信息，请查阅隐私公告。