Supply Chain Development
Find the team with the expertise and tools crafted to deliver the most value out of your supply chain
Supply chain expertise to build your business
Business today is highly dynamic. It constantly requires you to have one eye on your work, and the other on your supply chain strategy. As you cope with these ever-changing scenarios, it’s easy to overlook certain areas of your supply chain process that can help you maximise value. That’s where we come in.
Maersk’s Supply Chain Development (SCD) experts help you get more supply chain visibility. Our teams can help you identify blind spots critical to your overall business strategy. We also have a depth of logistics expertise – working with strategic customer partners across industries and geographies – which allows us to create a supply chain model and plan that fits your ambitions.
What we offer
Whether you are looking to drive top-line growth, lower costs or prepare for critical risk scenarios, our wealth of experience enables us to tailor your supply chain strategy to meet your needs. Our expertise provides:
- Higher reliability through increased visibility and better planning
- Optimised supply chain model resulting in reduced costs & increased control of cargo flow
- Reduced inventory costs and optimised cashflow
- Improved agility and responsiveness to new market demands
- Ease of managing your supply chain through data integration and automation
What the SCD team does
We use a combination of tools to map your current supply chain process. Our consultants identify hidden areas where improvements can be made, review the data to increase supply chain visibility and chart the way ahead. Our SCD team provides:
- Analysis and review of current supply chain performance
- Best-in-class supply chain tools, kits and expertise
- Best-practice sharing from experience across industries and geographies
- Outside-in perspective and detailed analysis of logistics requirements to match your company and supply chain strategy
Who to contact?
Our approach to your business
From site visits and market research to supply chain strategy and optimisation, we work with you to re-engineer your logistics to so that you keep your competitive advantage.
Our benefits for customers in different industries include
Our approach has enabled customers to improve their bottom line and have an agile, flexible and transparent supply chain process.
Efficiency meets cost savings
A leading home products maker was facing difficulties controlling its costs. Our Supply Chain Development team helped the retailer save 14.4% in transportation and warehousing costs by optimising their supply chain strategy.
Overcoming speed-to-market issues with multiple shipping methods
Our Supply Chain Development team enabled one of the world’s leading fast-fashion companies to reduce logistics costs by 26% by designing a 6-speed supply chain methodology.
Designing a supply chain process that fits
Discover how our team helped a leading lifestyle and sportswear brand develop a supply chain model and identify cost savings of 9.3%. We optimised their shipping consolidation using cost and velocity as the key drivers.